fot

[Fot] Fwd: Tr4 push rod tubes for Jack Wheeler

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Tr4 push rod tubes for Jack Wheeler
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:37:17 -0600
Jack is taken care of on push rod tubes, thanks to Barry Munson.

FYI, here is some information that Jack gathered on the tubes he had.

Thanks to everyone, once again.

Joe A.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler1947@yahoo.com>
> Date: December 4, 2013 at 7:20:01 PM CST
> To: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Tr4 push rod tubes for Jack Wheeler
>
> Thanks Joe.  I contacted Barry, and it sounds like he has a set of the steel
push rod tubes, which he is willing to send to me.  I appreciate all the
offers.  For your information, the dimensions my machinist gave me are:

> Holes in the cylinder head = .694"
> Batch of 2 from Moss, diameter = .702 (he got one of these to fit)
> Batch of 6 from Moss, diameter = .706 (this is a .012" interference and no
way would the aluminum tubes press into the head.

> I called Moss and they have a few left in stock, but he measured one and it
was .708 - even worse!  I'm not sure where the spec for these came from, but
there is no way a thin wall aluminum tube will press into a hole with .012
interference fit.