fot

[Fot] Stuck clutch plate

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Stuck clutch plate
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 04:36:11 -0800 (PST)
Group:
I need the vast knowledge of our group to save me some time.
I have a
customer car that has sat for many years (5-6) and I'm trying to get it
driving. The clutch hydraulics have been rebuilt, and everything moves as it
should. I have about 3/4" pushrod travel at the tranny cross shaft, but car
won't come out of gear. It feels like the P/P is being depressed enough. After
sleeping on it (yes, I know, only a sick person lays in bed thinking about
this) I believe the plate is stuck to the flywheel. I've seen it in another
car not that long ago but I was doing the clutch anyway, so I had everything
out. I'd prefer to not pull everything to get to this unit.
Any suggestions
on a way to "jar" the plate loose? I tried just once yesterday starting the
car in 1st and driving it hoping it would pop loose, but stopped after a few
moments. Looked lke a student driver :O)Any suggestions welcome.
-Ed-
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive