fot

Re: [Fot] Push Rod Length & Mid-lift

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Push Rod Length & Mid-lift
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:41:58 -0600
Greg and Duncan are correct.  A reground cam will undercut the base
circle and this will take you in the other direction by the change in
the base circle radius.  For the ones I've measured the base circle
radius shrinks about 0.10 inches for the typical TR4 racing cam.  This
compensates for that much milling.  If you use a new blank, you can
reduce the amount of undercutting.
Larry

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com