fot

[Fot] Fwd: Spitfire head gaskets

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Spitfire head gaskets
From: robertten1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 08:50:06 -0500 (EST)
From: robertten1 <robertten1@aol.com>
To: mark <mark@bradakis.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 1, 2014 8:49 am
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire head gaskets

The early Spit 1500 engines have a recessed block, a .030" deep recess around
each of the 4 cylinder bores at the top of the block.  This nesscetates what
is called an o-ring head gasket for proper sealing, very important !!  prior
engines and late 1500 engines have the flat deck blocks requiring a normal
type head gasket.  A good source of information on the subject can be found on
the Spitfire & GT6 Magazine website.  A good source for the gasket and gasket
sets is at APT Fast on the west coast, there is good info there as well.
Unfortunately I do not have the part numbers handy at this moment, I'll try to
post here later when I dig into my files.

Happy New Year !
Bob T