fot

Re: [Fot] Extended bottoming tap for TR4 engine

To: Steve Yott <tr4@wi.rr.com> s=q20121106; t=1389236133; bh=siHZXL6QVOHZ/S7xKTGSxkeIP3dZ/Cget6hdwQkqijk=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=jK6M6E/hdA7HWWsbtpoh6LvjH5/17NLaDtpfbe0iImxuAxQAfWQz/OI2O2R2s2RFB 6nXALbCcNGc2X/JODg+/As+UAYQLuqNDiA4sESD1BIZDAmpUs8aDPAGUznVl6QphXh XOZ5j556FkJsqxowH1fkGMdNgxREil8jDLCg+c582lefZW+F2ABduBmTv8gH+qHsZ1 jiLd4p9qhOWwaJXvDbsMi7OtEbSlCAkas0p8Be0a1BmNqOisNqZvTwS9tbBQf4tbZ3 Bq/v+Cu1cefyXbknoXTw4hP4gQz3q0lUGNgu/Zsz9kr4hR310COLxpGQZp40Rq2DmT T8fq+aNpQJFIg==
Subject: Re: [Fot] Extended bottoming tap for TR4 engine
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 02:53:43 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Excellent advice Bob and Steve.
Taps can cut and or shave material off the original threads. If you can feel
them cutting, that's probably what they are doing. All that's really needed is
to clean the threads. I chased the threads just as suggested here with the
factory grooved studs, relatively recently, during my first "tractor motor"
build and made sure the new studs went in and out cleanly by hand. The grooves
in the factory studs will collect the debris.

Dave H.