fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 crankshaft steel type

To: Duncan Charlton <duncan.charlton54@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 crankshaft steel type
From: John Styduhar <johnstydo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:26:50 -0400
Cc: Triumph 'Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Thanks Duncan and Greg. Unfortunately, the English alloy code EN-16 was not
helpful in describing the type of steel in the TR4 crankshaft to the
metallurgy folks at P&L Heat Treating and Grinding in Youngstown, OH.  They
explained that the type of steel determines the duration and depth of the
hardening process.  Lacking this information, they cannot determine the
depth of hardness without destructive testing.