fot

Re: [Fot] Low oil pressure after overheating/cutting oil filters

To: jason@multivintage.com, horizonracing@msn.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Low oil pressure after overheating/cutting oil filters
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:33:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
 I love my Obergs but I still cut open a lot of filters.
(There is a nice
"tubing cutter" type tool for removing the end.)
Once the element is out,
discard the junk ie spring, inner screen, & bypass valve, then the cardboard
ends have to be removed. Once the ends are removed and the end of the pleats
are open and not full of sealant gook, slice it and unfold, dirty side (outer)
up, on paper towels (weight the ends down so it lays out flat). For best
results, walk away for 24 hours and then check it.The paper towel part is
important because it pulls the oil out of the element, and any trash is
apparent in the inner crease of the folds.
Glen.

-----Original
Message-----