fot

Re: [Fot] GRATTAN Raceway...

To: David Kettler <dkettler1@charter.net> FILETIME=[284ADDE0:01CFC09C]
Subject: Re: [Fot] GRATTAN Raceway...
From: Sam Halkias <atr6racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:38:30 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Dave,
      Good to see you last weekend! Track was very fast! A bit hot but that's
what we expect in August! Sat race was fun with the Z car, we both were under
the E/P lap record  with me resetting my current lap record at 1:24.75 .
Sunday was a tad cooler and not as humid and the car took off and ran away
from the field. On lap  20 my brake pedal got soft in turn one, barely made
the corner, it did not get better and by the bowl I had what felt like a
locked caliper, and to make things worse I spun in someone oil right after the
bowl, and knew it was over. Did not hit anything and upon further inspection
this morning I discovered a RF inner wheel bearing had destroyed itself, thus
the soft pedal. But I lowered the lap record to a 1:24.28. So all in all not a
bad weekend, just have to step up my wheel bearing maintenance as the new Hawk
DTC-70's are making more heat!

Sam

> On Aug 24, 2014, at 9:55 PM, "David Kettler" <dkettler1@charter.net> wrote:
>
> Race report from Sunday's Grattan race.  Sam did not do too well. Not sure
what happened but the 240 Z won today.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/dkettler1@charter.net