fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Wiper motor

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "McKearn McKearn" <mckearn2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Wiper motor
From: Charly <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 21:05:31 -0500
         BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 A 2 speed wiper motor has 3 brushes in it.  One is common and the one
opposed to it is the high speed brush, the third brush is at about 90
degrees to the common.  When the power goes through the opposing
brushes, it is high speed as it is pulling the field at a longer
distance. when it goes through the 90 degree brush, it is taking a
short cut and goes slower. I hope this makes sense to you, I don't
think I'm using the correct terminology.

        I cut a plug off a wiring harness to bench test the wiper motors, oh
yeah, then there's the park switch, which gets energizes enough to
make on rotation and then turns off.

        Charly Mitchel
        On Sun 07/09/14  6:24 PM , McKearn McKearn mckearn2@gmail.com sent:
 Hi All.
   Sorry to be posting stuff not related to racing but I'm still
working on
 this restoration and have a few more bugs to shake out  I recently
received
 my two speed windshield wiper motor back from being rebuilt. Nice
price tag
 for not much work. I was told it could use some new wires(which he
did a
 very nice job of replacing) and that nothing else was wrong. The
reason for
 sending it out was because it only ran on low speed and even then it
was
 slow and weak... I have swapped switches around with another used one
and
 have added a good external ground wire and still no difference. Can
anyone
 point me in the right direction?
 By the way, those switches must operate by some kind of witchcraft.
Can
 someone explain to me how these thing work???
   Thanks. P.J.

Links:
------
[2]
http://webmail.qwestoffice.net/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fot-racing
.com
[3]
http://webmail.qwestoffice.net/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2
Fdonate.html
[4]
http://webmail.qwestoffice.net/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2
Farchive
[5]
http://webmail.qwestoffice.net/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2
Fforums
[6]
http://webmail.qwestoffice.net/parse.php?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net
%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ffot%2Fcharly%40mitchelplumbing.com
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive