fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Differential Oil Seal

To: Michael Moore <mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Differential Oil Seal
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 05:42:19 -0700
Mike:
I have not had a problem with any of the modern seals offered by the big three,
but I almost always (95%) install a Speedi-Sleeve on the flange. This goes not
only on diffs but also tranny outputs, front pulleys, and even some rear crank
sealing surfaces. Even the newest of these items are now over thirty years old
the grooves cut into them from previous seals are getting too big to ignore.
I just finished a Mayflower diff that would have leaked just as bad as before
if I hadn't insisted to the customer that it needed a sleeve. They gasp at the
added expense ($45) but I wouldn't warranty it without the sleeve.
-Ed-

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:34 AM, Michael Moore <mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com>