fot

[Fot] Non race

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Non race
From: gasket.works@gte.net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:43:56 +0000
I know this list is not intended for non-race stuff...

The movie "Fury" is arguably about as brutal and realistic as the actual last
month of WW2.  My father was liberated from Ebensee concentration camp by a
similar three tank group led by  a battered  platoon of Patton's third army.
It was led by Sgt. Bob Persinger.  He had no idea what was in front of him that
day as his tanks lugged up the hill to the stench of death.
My father and his brother survived that camp but just barely. .  My uncle was
considered dead and was in a pile of other naked dead bodies.  He was too weak
to move.  My father found him and asked for the Sgts help and together they
freed him.   About five years ago the three met again for a reunion in  San
Diego.  First time since that day of liberation first week of May 1945.

My uncle retold the story.

Bob's tank was the Lady Luck. Photo's and more @
 loudunst.com/liberation

As a side note;
In the movie Fury the tank rounds were actually hand made and supplied to the
set by US Prop Maker Aaron Dunst (my son).

Sgt Bob and Uncle Lou continue to speak to each other on the phone weekly.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive