fot

Re: [Fot] Working insane amounts of time to run a particular stint (of m

To: jason@multivintage.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Working insane amounts of time to run a particular stint (of much less time)
From: Bruce Lapierre <fasttr4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:43:32 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Glad I don't play golf.

While at Elkhardt Lake you, being of The Mid-West
Council, mentioned you might have some information on the whereabouts of Phil
Janus (Spelling might be wrong)  - - - - - - - - so - - - -- - -  after you
get done wupping the field at Blackhawk, and before you start getting ready
for next season, could you do a little scraping of the archives and see what
you can do to help me find him.  Phil ran #46 out of Buffalo Grove Il, I
think, `63 thru `67 claiming 1st in class for a couple years.  I know Frank
Underwood wrenched on it and raced against Dennis Day, Spitfire. now out of
Florida and still racing.  I restored it and did a bit of Solo I and II in the
Akron area.  Son-In-Law, Mike Mehl is pushing the car, `62 TR4, #46 in
Washington State.  It would be great to find the provenance of the car, as
much of the race history as possible, and reunite Phil with the car if he is
still with us.

Anyone else in FOT land have any knowledge of Phil's
whereabouts, I'd love to hear from you.

Bruce Lapierre     Ex-#46
fot@autox.team.net