fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Rack in a TR3

To: Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Rack in a TR3
From: Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:38:37 -0500
Cc: "FOT@autox.team.net FOT@autox.team.net" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Todd
           I would not advise you use a TR4 rack in a TR3. The TR4 is
4 inches wider than the TR3 so the rack is too long. If you shorten
it by making the tie rods shorter, they end up too short and you
will have terrible bump steer. That is as the suspension goes up
or down the wheels will want to turn. The pivot for the tie rods
should be in a straight line drawn from the inner pivots of the
upper and lower A arms. The 4 inches must be taken out of
the middle. Then you have to make sure the column will
still line up with the pinion. Moss does sell a kit that works.
           The down side is you lose the signal lights and
horn. Also must have a two piece steering coulmn.

Dean T.