fot

Re: [Fot] . Head intake / exhaust port question

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> s=q20140121; t=1419018421; bh=g84JGuGCPEyDw7ge8f2OK3gZ+eRbhGFqciYfETxCG3k=; h=Received:Received:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Message-Id:From: Subject:Date:To; b=laJUssf71jD2tSRzxngI2MDj6P4vKfb9U3i7jNUldUt4x+noWBSuGcIg8dJ6hNkYG PHLGoNe8nQ4jFnVDDMwhrWOKEmuT5Vs8rTTeXshU9cBwd+piKa0uPP6DJ++OtNpvnX W0w3hD/hcFoKlW0MCg9x/fBUXa3QlFqplVHShsJWDgc0R1YUeT88Sr5M+EBcPmfGA5 UXnG6LB0WMAlUrTbykc6QYqRAdxF4PeF760oKPUwDs9V6cSHFGyVp4Ocw/ewiem2dV dkCbd+ca3Ah/HQeV2Wi8pkfmGrTx7B/27uzHjdkJKhaH86xTFdnQMd8mWVh/cedkG9 XoJrLruxRMlPw==
Subject: Re: [Fot] . Head intake / exhaust port question
From: Jim Gray <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:46:44 -0700
Cc: FOT List Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, Dan <adcronin@gmail.com>
Tony's right, way too hot for the epoxy which I've heard works for intakes. I
did a lot of welding to my exhaust valve pockets and its a pretty big
commitment even if your the one that's going to grind it all back out.
Just finding a shop that's qualified to do the welding is a big challenge.
I got lucky and found one right here in Denver. I cut sections from a stock
head and clayed in where I wanted the weld so they had a clear guide to work
from. You can see pictures of those sections on TerriAnns site.
I have other pix of the clay work, the welding and the final product if you
choose to go that way.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
>
> EGT's are in the 1300 to 1400 degree range 6" from the head.  Will be higher
in the head itself.

> Tony Drews
>
> At 01:18 PM 12/19/2014, Dan wrote:
>> Folks,
>> I have posted to a couple of TR related sites and have received
conflicting
>> info to this inquiry:
>>
>> In one of Kas Kastner's recent books he shows a couple of cross sections
thru
>> the intake and exhaust ports.  On the exhaust he shows a weld build up
>> location behind the valve guide that then gets ground down to smooth the
>> transition of the outgoing gas.  Wondering if anyone has tried to use
MOROSO A
>> + B Epoxy in place of the weld and if so what has been the result?  TR
Driver
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydrews.com