fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, 'Diesel Performance Parts - Info' <info@dieselperformanceparts.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors
From: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 03:05:26 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=yahoo.com; b=h0glHAUTrnmqFLrosVJPigeDuISfp/wsnmjfdFbtU2696Y02CkIQoj66pUIXeIteX9Uz/EzZ0Me3LkoyTY5xoijy2YuYWYees3PBbd2pW56Bq0dVl/10MvjF+3ENxAHSswfO0APdkpefBaTkfFrURj8R+jbL/3VidTF/Wk2CU5eKmSs4tdagshNdb9Rm58zkn6nRiq4VL4XLgg2du9y4R1lNqlRpZvzibXYins5eibMcnLaSKZ4rqEbgo6aFmHpWeYAk0awAZ3tYvcrJo9cAbnTuqlU5g13C8OJF4lalgizYRj7EugFhylP78D7z3jVp954rFR2Ie4IejOs2Dn0hVQ==;
IB have been in the hose and fitting business for nearly 30 years so here is
my 2 centsB worth.B
- the hose end which is the flare end:B  make sure to follow the instructions
that were posted earlier.B  Never use any and sealant on the flare end.B  As
some of you have noted it is a metal to metal sealB so look for nicks on the
face and the mating hose fitting or tube.B  Nicks equalB leaks.
- the port end:B  ifB it a taper thread like a pipe thread or BSPT
youB shouldB use a sealant.B  If it is a straight thread like an SAE,B BSPP,
ISO or MetricB it needB a seal.B  If it is a pipe thread the SAE standard for
assembly is 2 turns past finger tight for a straight fitting and 1.5 turns for
an elbow and then tighten the fitting to line up with the hose or tube.
- 37 degree (JIC/AN) and 45 degree (SAE) you should use the correct hose end
to match.B  with that said there are certainB size hose ends that are dual
seat.B  TheB supplier will note that on their fittings in their catalog.
Hope this helpsB out.
Mike Mehl #46 TR4