fot

[Fot] Retiring from Triumph Racing

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Retiring from Triumph Racing
From: Bobby Whitehead via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:38:04 -0800

--219877140-1256383990-1422653884=:67259

Hello Group...  I FINALLY got my GT6 car back together after 2 1/2 years of
trying to find someone who could line bore the engine.. the builder recommended
by a fellow group member was out of state.. I almost had to show up threatening
to get my engine back after 9 months... I got the engine back in the car and
used my local speed shop in North Texas to dial it in. Well.,.. the engine was
a crap assembly and so back out again to start over and re-machine ...back and
forth in and out a couple of times to FINALLY get it right..  So dialed in 121
hp at the rear wheel dyno'ed ... all fluffed up and ready to go. I even
registered both of my cars for the final CVAR event at Texas World next month..
it would have been a logistics nightmare sort of.. I would have to trailer one
car down one weekend, one the next, and repeat...  so... I figured a test and
tune was appropriate for the Triumph seeing how it had been 2.5 years since I'd
been in the car so I went to
 Eagles Canyon yesterday and ran a couple of 15 minute sessions... honestly
after racing a GTA with 400 hp and my 1965 Mustang with 400 hp... a little
Triumph with 150 hp was a little boring... to top it off... I came in with a
blown seal or trunion on the front right hub. Had I been at the track it would
have been one session or two and I would have been done for the weekend. Not
that you can't blow up a Ford engine or seal... the difference is... I could go
to O'Reillys and get a new wheel bearing or whatever... I'm just tired of
trying with the GT6... I've had a lot of fun running 130-140 mph in our Group 1
in the Mustang. So.. with that... I'm selling the GT-6+ , 3 parts cars , and
all my bits and pieces... I have to repair the hub or seal or whatever blew on
the car this next week, but I'll be listing it and my parts on eBay in the next
few months so look for it or you can email me if you have a part or maybe
interested in any of my stuff... I
 started today with a MKIII parts car and a MKII hood on eBay. I'm
firesignsales on eBay if you wanna watch in the future....   Bobby Whitehead

--219877140-1256383990-1422653884=:67259

font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande,
sans-serif;font-size:14px"><div id="yiv6889004917"><div><div
style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica
Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:14px;"><div
id="yiv6889004917yui_3_16_0_6_1422651624244_7">Hello Group...&nbsp; I FINALLY
got my GT6 car back together after 2 1/2 years of trying to find someone who
could line bore the engine.. the builder recommended by a fellow group member
was out of state.. I almost had to show up threatening to get my engine back
after 9 months... I got the engine back in the car and used my local speed shop
in North Texas to dial it in. Well.,.. the engine was a crap assembly and so
back out again to start over and re-machine ...back and forth in and out a
couple of times to FINALLY get it right..&nbsp; So dialed in 121 hp at the rear
 wheel dyno'ed ... all fluffed up and ready to go. I even registered both of my
cars for the final CVAR event at Texas World next month.. it would have been a
logistics nightmare sort of.. I would have to trailer one car down one weekend,
one the next, and repeat...&nbsp; so... I figured a test and tune was
[...]
future....&nbsp;&nbsp; Bobby
--219877140-1256383990-1422653884=:67259--

--===============2478285283297851352==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive