fot

Re: [Fot] Southwick alloy front hubs - common bearing application ?

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>,"'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Southwick alloy front hubs - common bearing application ?
From: Tony Drews via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:07:20 -0500
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
FYI - the new spec bearings are slightly larger diameter OD for the
Cup (race) so it's conceivable that the old design hubs could be
re-machined for the new bearings.  Last I knew, the newer bearings I
selected when I did the re-design were half the cost or less than the
original bearings but have the same load bearing capacity.  It could
be that after re-machining the hub that the seal holding piece would
no longer fit and new ones would need to be made.  Probably the outer
edge could be knurled to get them to fit, the difference is only like
0.010" in OD.

Nothing like the prospect of spending a couple of hundred in bearings
to give new impetus to the search!  :)

Cheers, Tony Drews