fot

[Fot] TR 6 cooling advice needed.

To: FOT List Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR 6 cooling advice needed.
From: Greg And Alison Blake via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:39:54 -0500
I am in the final assemble mode on a rebuild of the central TX enduro crap can
TR6. It now has a GP3 cam and 10:1 compression.  Will a stock TR6 radiator be
up to the task?  Previously this car had a stock motor and no cooling issues
over a full race weekend. I am curious if the increase in compression is going
to create more heat than the stock radiator can handle.  Any experience racing
with the stock radiator in mid summer Texas weather?

I do plan to add some plumbing from the heater port on the back of the head to
an expansion tank with a return line to the water pump intake.
This will be done with either radiator choice.

Thanks,

Greg

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com