fot

[Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?
From: Steve Myers <smyers@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:49:53 -0500
I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I was always looking for
an A-Type not a J-Type.  I know it will require different rear mounts.

Today a guy dropped off a ton of TR6 parts he didn't want anymore and one was a
TR6 gearbox with the J-Type overdrive.

I've thought about wanting overdrive in my TR4 racecars to keep the revs down a
little more at Road America but is this a good idea?

My car seemed very competitive as it sits now and maybe it isn't worth the
trouble, or at least not the gearbox I would want.

-Steve
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive