fot

Re: [Fot] racing windscreen for TR3 wanted

To: John Styduhar <johnstydo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] racing windscreen for TR3 wanted
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 22:55:58 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: Triumph 'Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
We have also replaced the glass with plastic in our brooklands

Sent from my iPhone

nstydo@gmail.com>> wrote:

My club rules say the following concerning windshields:

3.2.10.3. A transparent windscreen capable of deflecting debris away from the
driver, is required.

In my club like most others you need to have some type of windscreen, which is
a good idea no matter how small to deflect tire rubber, stones, oil and smoke,
and parts that come flying off the car(s) in front of you.  Some of you guys
that have been hit in your visor by track debris know what I am talking about.
The little Brooklands screen that they (moss and others) sell will work on the
TR3 and is what I use. But I changes the mounting brackets so it is more in
line with the direction of the wind and impact. If you are concerned about
drilling holes in your TR3 like I was, drill them just below where the lower
rubber weatherstrip on the stock windshield would rest on the scuttle. They
will be hidden if you convert your car back to road use. Sitting low in the car
also help protect the driver.

l@ponostyle.com>> wrote:
There are brooklands screens available, but they are mostly for looks, they
don?t do much. I?ve seen stock windscreens cut down to about half height with
lexan in place of the glass. But simply removing the screen entirely is the
simplest and probably best option.
com>> wrote:

I'm trying to help out someone who is not on FOT, and I'm not a TR3 guy.  Any
sources and options for a racing style TR3 windscreen?
I'm not sure what style he is interested in.   I thought you guys just removed
them entirely?

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
e.com