fot

Re: [Fot] Differential gear oil?

Subject: Re: [Fot] Differential gear oil?
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:26:56 -0700
Cc: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
> Interesting. Years ago, like probably 20. I had a phone
> conversation with the tech folks at Redline and they told me
> to use the MT-90 in the Triumph transmissions, NOT the MTL.

Perhaps their attitude changed over the years then.  More like 10 years ago,
they told me that MTL would be fine with no OD; but the
OD would probably want the heavier oil.  As I recall, he said the viscosity was
the only difference between MTL and MT-90.

But neither one is recommended for differentials.

Randall

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive