fot

Re: [Fot] Overheated parts

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Overheated parts
From: "Marcel Van Mulders" <van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:31:11 +0200
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--===============0659555744029882010==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000F_01D0AF42.D205C440"

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01D0AF42.D205C440
        charset="us-ascii"

Take a risk of reusing or not : maybe it depends on how the bearings and
bearing surfaces are looking : if bearing material is heat welded on the
crankshaft  or the crank bearing surfaces are rough, you cannot reassamble
the engine like that of course. But if the bearing surfaces are unmarked
(except for the colour), why not try and reassemble the engine with new
bearings and check after every added bearing and conrod if the crankshaft is
rotating without high points?
Marcel

  _____