fot

Re: [Fot] Gt6 differential failure

To: "'John Hasty'" <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gt6 differential failure
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:05:48 +1000
Cc: ''Friends of Triumph' Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
References: <EE2C8103-92D7-4F9D-AF8B-6476B699690D@me.com> <CALCydYr6L5W-5LvasEKNdpFHzcyhtyrjGNOMJYpZ8jDC7OqEiQ@mail.gmail.com> <0A3CD8EB-80AA-43B3-A152-5D3DE4D4F5F3@me.com> <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAACxbEgK3O79MiqnuYcYqj9HCgAAAEAAAAIHfjSNgXQ1IttclumkQSZUBAAAAAA==@netspace.net.au> <5621FAA6-7032-4E66-9E25-01FFAD191A4E@me.com>, <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAACxbEgK3O79MiqnuYcYqj9HCgAAAEAAAALwf5ZKXgbxMsRT+Anv/YaMBAAAAAA==@netspace.net.au> <00C610A8-7260-4B13-96BD-F8A63E6A5197@mhc-law.com>
John,
You are correct.
Shock loading is undesirable for mechanical component longevity. In any
system it is a waste of energy and promotes issues with other components in
the system.

Sometimes it is unavoidable. And other times we all make those mistakes
during up or down shifting etc! And you get that light bulb moment that says
'that was dumb' I didn't really need to do that to my 40 year old car. Of
course, if your pockets are deep. It may not be an issue? I prefer to race
rather than repair.

I've always been taught that smooth is fast. That's what I aspire to each
time I get in my cars. Look after the machinery that has looked after you
and it will serve you well. Sure, we all want to be competitive and do the
very best. But at the end of the day, there Ain't no prize money in club
racing!!!

For me it's having a fair crack at winning. But the camaraderie and
friendships far outweigh all else. Full stop.
Oh, and the big cheesy grin you get passing the modern cars helps!
Hahaaaaa....

"You can Make a Small Fortune From Motor Racing. As long as You Started With
A Lage Fortune!"
Kind Regards
Peter Vucinic
TR4 - TR7 V8 - Spitfire MkII