fot

[Fot] Uprated stub axle kit / shims

To: FOT List Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Uprated stub axle kit / shims
From: Dan Cronin <adcronin@mi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 21:22:21 -0400
Am putting the up-rated stub axle kit on my TR2 with TR6 front suspension /
disc brakes and find that I need nearly 0.030 in shim thickness to allow the
disk / wheel to turn without too much effort.  The instructions say to start
with 0.015 and then (usually) reduce to around 0.007 and then install the
grease seal, inner bearing, spacer, shim pack, outer bearing, washer and nut
torqued to 45â??50 â??#.  Anyone else finding they need to use considerably
more in the way of shims than the instructions indicate?