fot

Re: [Fot] Lucas Oil Stabilisator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lucas Oil Stabilisator
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 14:09:07 -0400
--===============5938115076670108092==
 boundary="------------040009020306070502030000"

--------------040009020306070502030000

Personally I will not use Lucas Oil Stabilizer or any of their other
products. I put it in a street TR6 Engine once and when I pulled the oil
pan I found it a congealed mess at the bottom of the pan. I have had the
same experience with STP years ago and its almost impossible to find
now. When I called Lucas wondering why and wanting to talk to one of the
engineers I got stonewalled with talking points.

Their claim to fame is apparently great advertising and a stadium in Indy.
Glenn

On 9/12/2015 1:21 PM, Paul Ricco wrote:
> If you are looking for a synthetic oil that still has ZDDP, Redline is
> making it.  Additionally, they do produce a an engine break-in
> additive for conventional oils that lack Zink.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 12, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Bill Tobin <william.tobin31@verizon.net
>
>> The only thing I use is STP, and if you read the can, one of the
>> ingredients is a thing called ZDDP.
>> No problems so far (knock on wood).
>> Bill

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Stabilizer or any of their other products. I put it in a street
      TR6 Engine once and when I pulled the oil pan I found it a
      congealed mess at the bottom of the pan. I have had the same
      experience with STP years ago and its almost impossible to find
      now. When I called Lucas wondering why and wanting to talk to one
      of the engineers I got stonewalled with talking points. <br>
      Their claim to fame is apparently great advertising and a stadium
      in Indy. <br>
      Glenn<br>
      On 9/12/2015 1:21 PM, Paul Ricco wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
        Redline is making it.  Additionally, they do produce a an engine
        break-in additive for conventional oils that lack Zink.  <br>
        Sent from my iPad</div>
        On Sep 12, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Bill Tobin &lt;<a
          moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:william.tobin31@verizon.net";><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:william.tobin31@verizon.net";>william.tobin31@verizon.net</a></a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
            http-equiv="Content-Type">
              and if you read the can, one of the ingredients is a thing
              called ZDDP.</font></div>
              wood).</font></div>
            PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
            MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
              font-color: black"><b>From:</b> <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                title="dbm.spitfire@gmail.com"
                href="mailto:dbm.spitfire@gmail.com";>Doug Mitchell</a> </div>
                moz-do-not-send="true" title="tr4racing@googlemail.com"
                href="mailto:tr4racing@googlemail.com";>MadMarx</a> </div>
                moz-do-not-send="true" title="fot@autox.team.net"
                href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>'Friends of Triumph'
                Triumph</a> </div>
              September 12, 2015 9:22 AM</div>
              Lucas Oil Stabilisator</div>
              Buick/Rover 3.5 taught me that if you start with a quality
              motor oil, there is no need for any additives. Disagree if
              you wish, but I have stuck with that advice.</div>
            Sent from my mobile phone<br>
            -------- Original message --------<br>
            of Triumph' Triumph &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
            Subject: Re: [Fot] Lucas Oil Stabilisator <br>
            It may have allowed your oil to aerate so your pump was
            trying to move oil with air bubbles in it.  It apparently
            has no anti-foaming additives, so when you add it to your
            oil, you are diluting the additives in the regular oil.
             There was an article on the <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://bobistheoilguy.com";>bobistheoilguy.com</a>
            website some years back that showed in graphic detail what
            happens with this additive whether it?s used in a gearbox or
            an engine.  Unfortunately I can only find an archived
            version of this article and the photos are no longer
            visible.  The photos I remember showed the oil turning a
            much lighter color after it had been thoroughly agitated,
            which meant it was filled with air bubbles.  Air compresses,
            so I can see a connection between aerated oil and a drop in
            oil pressure.
                    Helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 13px"><a
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://tinyurl.com/o6atjh8";><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  </b>
                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="mailto:tr4racing@googlemail.com";><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tr4racing@googlemail.com";>tr4racing@googlemail.com</a></a>&gt;
                        wrote:</div>
                          0px; FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE:
                          normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                          0px; page: WordSection1;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"
                          class="WordSection1">
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US">Hello Alex,<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US"></span> </div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US">I was told to use mineral
                              Lucas with synthetic oil. And so I
did.<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US">This stuff is stiff like
                              frozen honey.<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US"></span> </div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US">I suppose the lube went too
                              stiff and the oil pump wasn?t able to
                              force it through the system and opened the
                              relive valve.<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US"></span> </div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US">Chris<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span
                              style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
                              COLOR: rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                              lang="EN-US"></span> </div>
                            PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE:
                            none; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm;
                            BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BORDER-TOP:
                            rgb(181,196,223) 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP:
                            3pt">
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><b><span
                                  style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma,
                                  sans-serif; FONT-SIZE:
10pt">Von:</span></b><span
                                style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, sans-serif;
                                FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><span
                                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>AC
                                [<a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="mailto:ac@camoletti.ch";>mailto:ac@camoletti.ch</a>]<span
                                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                                <b>Gesendet:</b><span
                                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Samstag,
                                12. September 2015 09:19<br>
                                <b>An:</b><span

class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>''Friends
                                of Triumph' Triumph'; <a
                                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                                  href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a></a>;
                                MadMarx<br>
                                <b>Betreff:</b><span
                                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Re:
                                [Fot] Lucas Oil
Stabilisator<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE:
12pt"><o:p></o:p></div>
                            serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm; FONT-SIZE: 12pt;
                            MARGIN-RIGHT: 0cm">Hallo lieber Chris! Which
                            Lucas stab did you use? There are two of
                            them, mineral and synthetic.<span

class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></p>
                            'Times New Roman', serif; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"
                            class="MsoNormal"><br>
                            ---- MadMarx a écrit ----<o:p></o:p></p>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">Hi Guys,</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US"></span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">by accident I found on my
                                camera chip a video how I fill in two
                                cans of Lucas Oil Stabilisator to 4
                                gallons of 10w60 oil of the IMSA
TR8.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">Listen to the
difference.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">The oil pressure dropped
                                from 40 to 30 psi and never got over 40
                                psi on driving. Normally it is at 70
                                psi.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US"></span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">The engine died after 8
                                laps with bearing failures on all crank
                                bearings and a worn out
camshaft.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">This has happened in
April.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US">My engine man was ill for
                                half a year now, but it seems that he?s
                                getting back to work next week and tries
                                to repair the engine.</span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"
                                lang="EN-US"></span><o:p></o:p></div>
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><a
                                  moz-do-not-send="true" style="COLOR:
                                  purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline"

href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVwEbOfkpc";
                                  target="_blank"><span lang="EN-US"><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif;
                              FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                Verdana, sans-serif; COLOR:
                                rgb(31,73,125); FONT-SIZE:
10pt"></span><o:p></o:p></div>
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width:
0px">_______________________________________________</span><br
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE:
                          normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                          0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.fot-racing.com";><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE:
                          normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                          0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Donate: <a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Archive: <a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/archive";><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Forums: <a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/forums";><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                          FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                          0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px
                          Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none;
                          LETTER-SPACING: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                          -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Unsubscribe/Manage:
                          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            <hr> _______________________________________________<br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://www.fot-racing.com";>http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
            Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/william.tobin31@verizon.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/william.tobin31@verizon.net</a><br>

      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.fot-racing.com";>http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com