fot

Re: [Fot] Wrap-Up News from Blackhawk Farms

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wrap-Up News from Blackhawk Farms
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:18:25 -0500
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-1--546329407
        charset=US-ASCII;
        format=flowed;
        delsp=yes

Great write up!

Allen
On Oct 26, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Jason Ostrowski wrote:

> Well, the blunt fact is that The Loooong race took a toll on all our
> Triumphs.
> Leaving us all jealous was of the only one left standing at the end.
> King of the weekend was Tony Drews...
> With the car that wears a bulletproof vest to the track every damn
> weekend.
>
> Going into the start of the endurance test it seemed a long awaited
> beating was in store for him.
> Of the 35 or so cars set to perform,
> I was happy to qualify as top Triumph.
> 8th spot.
> Starting next to me on driver's right was my Barracuda Brother in
> 7th. (we qualified both with our best-ever times at Blackhawk with a
> mere fraction of .3 seconds between us)
>
> Behind, with a nice cushion in between (for us anyway) was Sean
> Alexander starting 12th.
> And the solid bright-red brick of Mr. Drews back in 14th: with a
> good view of his eventual, falling off the table pick-offs.
>
> It would soon appear that the astounding speed and hope and the
> glory of a really fast GT6+ is nothing at the finish with bird leg
> fragility.
> I got a great start and had the Barracuda in tow.
> By the end of lap one, I had moved up to flirt with the top 5.
> Brian passed me and I was cool to pester him from behind.
>
> That's like watching screaming children being tossed between the
> coachwork panels of a Bus as the driver floors it through a parking
> lot autocross track.
> Our David and Goliath battle lasted all too briefly as my
> differential exploded inside its case and I was out..
> Shortly after, the Cuda was also out with a broken water pump and a
> shredded belt.
>
> Somewhere in the meantime, Scott Barr managed to scrape the side of
> his car along the asphalt in a, rather lucky to not completely roll
> over, shearing of the axle. He found out with early Halloween horror
> that the car cannot go through the carousel with only 3 wheels.
>
> The first 40 minute segment ended and it seemed that Sean may have
> his chance to take the pot.
> Due to typical attrition, by this time the field was less than half
> of the original starters.
> Sean, Tony, and still hanging in there...Glade Snodgrass; were the
> Triumphs that remained for the race to the Checkered.
> In front for most of the race was Alexander.
> But not at the end.
> A broken transmission... gear chipped away his hope of beating the
> big guy.
>
> Tony was the only Triumph left at the flag fall.
> Again he walks his car back to Moline as the Top Dog of the season
> for our group of Midwest FOT Heroes.
>
> Jason Ostrowski
> Friendly Ghost Racing
> 1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars

Allen Washatko
#6 Triumph TR6

--Apple-Mail-1--546329407
        charset=US-ASCII

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Great write =
Jason Ostrowski wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div =
dir=3D"ltr"><div>Well, the blunt fact is that The Loooong race took a =
toll on all our Triumphs.</div><div>Leaving us all jealous was of the =
only one left standing at the end. </div><div>King of the weekend was =
Tony Drews...</div><div>With the car that wears a bulletproof vest to =
start of the endurance test it seemed a long awaited beating was in =
store for him.</div><div>Of the 35 or so cars set to =
perform,</div><div>I was happy to qualify as top Triumph.&nbsp; =
driver's&nbsp;right was my Barracuda Brother in 7th. (we qualified both =
with our best-ever times at Blackhawk with a mere fraction of .3 seconds =
between (for us anyway)&nbsp;was Sean Alexander starting =
12th.</div><div>And the solid bright-red brick of Mr. Drews back in =
14th: with a good view of his eventual, falling off the =
the astounding&nbsp;speed and hope and the glory of a really fast GT6+ =
is nothing at the finish with bird leg fragility.</div><div>I got a =
great start and&nbsp;had the Barracuda in tow.</div><div>By the end of =
lap one, I had moved up to flirt with&nbsp;the top 5. </div><div>Brian =
passed me and I was cool to pester him from =
watching&nbsp;screaming&nbsp;children being tossed between the =
coachwork&nbsp;panels of&nbsp;a Bus as&nbsp;the driver&nbsp;floors it =
through&nbsp;a parking lot autocross track.</div><div>Our David and =
Goliath battle lasted all too briefly as my differential exploded inside =
its case and I was out..</div><div>Shortly after, the Cuda was also out =
with a broken water pump and a shredded belt. =
to scrape the side of his car along the asphalt in a, rather lucky to =
not completely roll over, shearing of the axle.&nbsp;He found out with =
early&nbsp;Halloween horror that the car cannot go through the carousel =
segment ended and it seemed that Sean may have his chance to take the =
pot.</div><div>Due to typical attrition, by this time the field was less =
than half of the original starters. </div><div>Sean, Tony,&nbsp;and =
still hanging in there...Glade Snodgrass; were the Triumphs that =
remained for the race to the Checkered.</div><div>In front for most of =
broken transmission... gear chipped away his hope of beating the big =
fall. </div><div>Again&nbsp;he walks his car back to Moline as =
the&nbsp;Top Dog of the season for our group of Midwest FOT =
Ghost Racing</div><div>1969 Triumph GT6+ =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; =
text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><div><div>Allen =
Washatko</div><div>#6 Triumph =

--Apple-Mail-1--546329407--

--===============2109338938333928174==

fot@autox.team.net