fot

Re: [Fot] Wheel and tire time

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wheel and tire time
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 16:17:25 -0800
> I'm thinking of 15x7 with "0" offset wheels with 195-50-15
> tires.  Will
> these fit without any rubbing?

> This is a street-able track car.

FWIW, I tried 195/50 on 5.5" wheels on my street TR3A, and decided it put the
frame just a little too close to the ground for
driving on the street.  With the current 205/55, I still drag bottom if I'm not
very careful with speed bumps and dips; but at least
I can get over/through them without dragging if I try.  (Had to trim the
exhaust pipe a bit, so it only drags lightly when backing
out of the driveway.)

Don't know for sure, but I suspect those wider wheels will cause rubbing on the
springs unless you add a spacer.  With the combo I
have now, there is perhaps 1/4" static between the sidewall and springs, and
the tires knock the dirt off in hard corners.  Same
thing happens at the nearly stock fenders, but the tires are a bit shinier
where they touch (meaning they rub harder but not enough
to damage the tire).

Randall

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com