fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:32:27 -0600
In addition to this is Triumph seemed to use their own design for the locks.
Normally a lock has a somewhat square shaped ring on the inner surface and
the valves use a matching grove.  Triumph uses a radius lock and matching
radius groove in the valve.  I have never found a usable replacement lock on
the market and keep a supply of used Triumph parts!

IMHO, I would not use any aluminum alloy retainers as they will wear
quickly.  What we need to do is find someone to reproduce the excellent
retainers that Ken supplied...

Steve Yott