fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Steering arm pic

To: Stephen Borowski <biznzman@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Steering arm pic
From: John Styduhar <johnstydo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 08:14:35 -0500
Cc: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--047d7ba978c02b3fb9052ce86eb0

I thought the longer steering arm was from a TR4A-6.  The TR4 used the
shorter A arm which came in two different versions depending on whether or
not there was caster in the vertical link.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Stephen Borowski <biznzman@pacbell.net>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> Ok for you Mechanical Engineers, Which steering arm should I use for my
> TR4 race car? As you can see from the attached picture one steering arm i=
> longer than the other. I believe the one bolted to the car is from a TR6
> and the other resting on top (to show the length difference) is from some
> other Triumph. I understand the shorter arm would result in quicker actio=
> but would it induce some type of unwanted condition? The Tie Rod end woul=
> be just aft of the brake disk leading edge=E2=80=A6 FYI I am using the Qu=
ick Ratio
> Rack.
>
> On another subject but related. When using the stock steering rack *frame
> mounts,* the Tie Rods coming out of the rack end up angled forward
> towards the front of the car. Im not talking about level of the tie rod,
> i.e., straight with the rack as this does affect Bump Steer. So if i was =
> use the forward mounting holes (don=E2=80=99t use the rear holes) and add=
 an
> additional plate thus moving the complete rack forward about one inch, th=
> angle of the tie rods would be straight to the steering arm does this
> improve performance?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Steve B.
> Florida TR4 Race Car
>

> Begin forwarded message:

--047d7ba978c02b3fb9052ce86eb0

hought the longer steering arm was from a TR4A-6.=C2=A0 The TR4 used the sh=
orter A arm which came in two different versions depending on whether or no=
t there was caster in the vertical link.=C2=A0</div></div><div class=3D"gma=
il_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM, S=
tephen Borowski <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:biznzman@pacbell.ne=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex"><div style=3D"word-wrap:break-word">Hello All,<div>O=
k for you Mechanical Engineers, Which steering arm should I use for my TR4 =
race car? As you can see from the attached picture one steering arm is long=
er than the other. I believe the one bolted to the car is from a TR6 and th=
e other resting on top (to show the length difference) is from some other T=
riumph. I understand the shorter arm would result in quicker action but wou=
ld it induce some type of unwanted condition? The Tie Rod end would be just=
 aft of the brake disk leading edge=E2=80=A6 FYI I am using the Quick Ratio=
the stock steering rack <u>frame mounts,</u> the Tie Rods coming out of the=
 rack end up angled forward towards the front of the car. Im not talking ab=
out level of the tie rod, i.e., straight with the rack as this does affect =
Bump Steer. So if i was to use the forward mounting holes (don=E2=80=99t us=
e the rear holes) and add an additional plate thus moving the complete rack=
 forward about one inch, the angle of the tie rods would be straight to the=
__________________________________________<br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>