fot

Re: [Fot] Tractor motors

To: yellow-green@sbcglobal.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tractor motors
From: Mordy Dunst <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 16:37:03 -0400

------=_Part_21024_700375172.1459024622986

 Realistically, loading a cylinder sleeve at 105 ft lbs of axial clamping load
onto a copper figure of eight ring at the bottom is likely adequate for
sealing.  The coolant pressure inside the block is perhaps 12-22psi.  I
currently do however put a dressing under the sleeve.  Hylomar M is what I use
as it is very thin once applied.  Gasket shellac is arguably just as good.  The
key is a thin coat. Most all sealants get pressed out of the pocket anyways.  I
was thinking that a future iteration of a cylinder sleeve I would experiment
with a silicon or viton oring placed at the bottom of the cylinder sleeve which
has an imbedded groove.  This however is more of a thought experiment and is
more than is really needed.  Alternatively, I was also thinking of cutting some
rings made from thin teflon sheet and place it on the underside of the sleeves
with the figure of eight gaskets.
mordy

------=_Part_21024_700375172.1459024622986

sleeve at 105 ft lbs of axial clamping load onto a copper figure of eight ring
at the bottom is likely adequate for sealing.&nbsp; The coolant pressure inside
the block is perhaps 12-22psi.&nbsp; I currently do however put a dressing
under the sleeve.&nbsp; Hylomar M is what I use as it is very thin once
applied.&nbsp; Gasket shellac is arguably just as good.&nbsp; The key is a thin
coat. Most all sealants get pressed out of the pocket anyways.&nbsp; I was
thinking that a future iteration of a cylinder sleeve I would experiment with a
silicon or viton oring placed at the bottom of the cylinder sleeve which has an
imbedded groove.&nbsp; This however is more of a thought experiment and is more
than is really needed.&nbsp; Alternatively, I was also thinking of cutting some
rings made from thin teflon sheet and place it on the underside of the sleeves
with the figure of eight gaskets.&nbsp; <br>
mordy<br>
------=_Part_21024_700375172.1459024622986--

--===============5299525289483469144==

fot@autox.team.net