fot

[Fot] Sonoma Kastner Cup thanks

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Sonoma Kastner Cup thanks
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 00:13:27 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_6831626_1290982831.1460074407620

Hello Friends,
Thanks to everyone who made the tremendous effort to attend the Sonoma Kastner
Cup event.
It was, as far as I can tell, and by the comments and expressions of many in
attendance very successful. Fun was had by all.
However, for a few, less fun was had for various reasons. Bob Kramer, in
particular had car troubles from the start. He worked extremely hard to get it
repaired, but to no avail. John Frymark had troubles too, but somehow got the
car together for Sunday's race and finished all 10 laps. Congratulations John!
The race director told me the final count for Kastner Cup entries was 39, but
car attrition diminished the field quite a bit by Sunday. 26 made it to the
grid for the cup race. 24 finished. 19 finished on the lead lap.
2 went out on the first lap, involved in an incident that I had an extremely
close view of. I got a very clear and up close recording of the incident on
video.
The something I was most concerned about from the beginning of planning this
April event, was the possibility of rain...a lot of rain. The weather
cooperated nicely throughout the weekend. Low clouds and fog in the morning
followed by sunshine by late morning and race day was perfect.

Six of us are racing again this weekend at Laguna. Not quite the turnout we had
hoped for, but we should have a good time. This time, however, the weather is
threatening with rain in the forecast tomorrow and Saturday, but Sunday should
be fair.

I'll keep in contact as time allows. I will edit and get some video posted on
YouTube as soon as I can.

The Friend of Triumph are an amazingly strong group.

Long live the Kastner Cup Race! 2017 here we come.

Thumbs up,
Dave Hogye

------=_Part_6831626_1290982831.1460074407620

s effort to attend the Sonoma Kastner Cup event. &nbsp;</div><div>It was, a=
s far as I can tell, and by the comments and expressions of many in attenda=
nce very successful. &nbsp;Fun was had by all. &nbsp;</div><div>However, fo=
r a few, less fun was had for various reasons. &nbsp;Bob Kramer, in particu=
lar had car troubles from the start. &nbsp;He worked extremely hard to get =
it repaired, but to no avail. &nbsp;John Frymark had troubles too, but some=
how got the car together for Sunday's race and finished all 10 laps. &nbsp;=
Congratulations John! &nbsp;</div><div>The race director told me the final =
count for Kastner Cup entries was 39, but car attrition diminished the fiel=
d quite a bit by Sunday. &nbsp;26 made it to the grid for the cup race. &nb=
sp;24 finished. &nbsp;19 finished on the lead lap. &nbsp;</div><div>2 went =
out on the first lap, involved in an incident that I had an extremely close=
 view of. &nbsp;I got a very clear and up close recording of the incident o=
 the beginning of planning this April event, was the possibility of rain...=
a lot of rain. &nbsp;The weather cooperated nicely throughout the weekend. =
&nbsp;Low clouds and fog in the morning followed by sunshine by late mornin=
acing again this weekend at Laguna. &nbsp;Not quite the turnout we had hope=
d for, but we should have a good time. &nbsp;This time, however, the weathe=
r is threatening with rain in the forecast tomorrow and Saturday, but Sunda=
ows. &nbsp;I will edit and get some video posted on YouTube as soon as I ca=
------=_Part_6831626_1290982831.1460074407620--

--===============5868649398413478210==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com