fot

Re: [Fot] [TR] Shining Silver

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [TR] Shining Silver
From: Bill Sohl <billsohl@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:54:38 -0400
It is interesting that many of us that are vintage car enthusiast
also played a participatory role in the digital revolution.

My early mid 1980s) recollection is that the auto-x and british-car
email groups had their beginning in those mid 80s. I was on a business trip
that I was able to coordinate with a local meeting of the Triumph
Travelers SCC (northern CA based) and learned about the two
lists from Teri at that meeting.

I was, at the time, President  of The Vintage Triumph register.
Fellow VTR member, Bob Bownes, obtained the VTR.ORG domain
name for us.

Cheers and happy memories.

I seem to recall the email list  was then hosted on
a company server by Dale (?) under the company
name of allian!aliant!com.

Bill Sohl