fot

Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing

To: "'Jack Brooks'" <JIBrooks@Live.com>, "'FOT List'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:24:57 -0400
> -Does anyone sell an adapter kit?  I would like to own a set of fixtures
> because this is not getting any easier over time.

Hunter sells the correct cones & cups as an accessory to their machines.
However, the price was somewhat prohibitive as I recall, and might not fit
other machines.

An alternative, for home use, is to find an old on-the-car balancer.  More
tedious to use, but they ensure the entire rotating assembly is balanced,
including hub and rotor/drum etc.

Don't forget, you'll also need to match the "cup" inside the knockoff as
that is what locates the outboard side of the wheel.

Randall

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive