fot

Re: [Fot] Midwest Triumph News Update With Grattan Magic

To: jason@multivintage.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Midwest Triumph News Update With Grattan Magic
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:39:45 -0400

------=_Part_28472_1325093951.1472139585264

Jason...

Another fine Race Report.  Hasty says it made him feel like he'd been there.
Maybe so, but I've raced GRATTAN so many times that it just made me 'homesick'.
 I sure wish I had been there.

Tony's axle issue sounds scary.  It reminded me of the half dozen rear axles we
broke at GRATTAN.  It was common early on.  I can't remember, but I think it
was the 'Southwick' fix that addressed that issue.  For sure it kept the wheel
with the car.  Maybe there was something else we did to stop breaking axles at
GRATTAN.  I can't remember.  Of course, at my age, I can't remember if I had
breakfast, until I look in the mirror.

How about the Barracuda?  Did the Cuda Pilot run at GRATTAN like he said he
would.  That's a tight track for that beast.

Jason...you've always gone FAST, but taking the checker in racing sessions was
often a disappointing issue.  That makes this particular trip to GRATTAN
special.  Very special...very impressive.  Good for you!

Bill Dentinger

PS I've already got my airline tickets to fly back to Wisconsin for That
Loooong Race at Blackhawk Farms Raceway come October.  I'm looking forward to
it.  That season ending Midwestern Council event provides a nice opportunity
for FOT racers to experience Blackhawk prior to next June's Kastner Cup event.