fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Compression Ratio Calculation Question

To: Steven Belfer <steve@artwithcars.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Compression Ratio Calculation Question
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:42:41 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Exactly what we did on our 2stroke motorcycle racers

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 12:39 AM, "Steven Belfer" <steve@artwithcars.com> wrote:
>
> Get Kas' book. There's a helpful section describing how to CC the head using
> a plate of plexiglass and measuring how much fluid you can fill it with.
>
> ~Steve
>

>> On Sep 23, 2016, at 8:14 PM, Steve Yott <tr4@wi.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> Steve,
>> In order to calculate the combustion chamber volume desired you need also
>> know the bore, stroke, head gasket diameter and thickness, piston to liner
>> clearance, depth of the top ring and deck clearance of the piston (or pop up
>> if you are running any).  These all make up the total volume which you need
>> to calculate the chamber volume you need for the static compression ratio
>> you desire.  Also when doing a chamber volume test don't forget that the
>> valve head thickness will affect this measurement.
>>
>> There are a good number of web sites out there that will do all these
>> calculations for you and give you a required chamber volume for the desired
>> compression ratio.  There are various head castings out there so I would not
>> take the thickness into account except for a rough idea.
>>
>> This all creates a "static" compression ratio and will not mean much when
>> the dynamics of the cam and valve overlap come into play and create the
>> "dynamic" compression ratio.... wish there were a good method of calculating
>> that!
>>
>> Steve Yott

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part
of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.
There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including
the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you
for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
eam.net