fot

Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:19:02 +0200
Yep!
The engine is now toasted.
Everything except the heads is rubbish now, including the block.
Cause were a rod bolt.
I stupid man didn't change the bolt just to make sure.
As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I measure them every time I
service the TR4 engine, I thought that would be the same on the TR8.
Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as usual but maybe they were
already tired.
I had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could have
used instead of the ARP8740.

Need to start from new.
First a new 4.6L block is needed.

Cheers