fot

[Fot] New Years Resolution: weight loss

Subject: [Fot] New Years Resolution: weight loss
From: william.tobin31 at verizon.net (Bill Tobin)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:41:46 -0500
Bob and FOT, I started riding in 1980! Haven't been as active the last few
years ( a certain TR6 may be part of the reason!) but somewhat resumed
riding last year. And plan on doing a lot more this year. Bicycling is great
exercise and a lot of fun, and a great way to see the world.
One does not have to spend thousands to get a suitable bike (I do though,
have a Tommasini and a Quintana Roo Tri bike that weren't cheap) as there
are numerous options out there. The main thing is to get a bike that fits
and is suitable to your needs.
There are a lot of high-zoot bikes on the market that aren't necessarily
what is needed. There are a lot of older bikes, '90's and '00's out there
for sale, usually fairly inexpensive. Just get one that fits.
I've done some MS rides in NW PA, and other "Disease" rides over the years.
Fun and for good causes. Also rode support for a few.
Biking is also less stress on my old body than running. So is swimming but I
swim like a stone!
Important points: Fit is crucial, wear a helmet, and have a mirror to see
what's coming at you.
Cheers, and stay warm.
Bill