fot

[Fot] How much electrical power is needed for a 30 minute race.

Subject: [Fot] How much electrical power is needed for a 30 minute race.
From: tlizzard at msn.com (Terry Stetler)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:12:31 +0000
Gents,

I have not seen it mentioned in this discussion yet, but some electronic
ignitions (all?) have a voltage floor that they simply will not operate under.
This may not be a concern in the majority of our sprint length vintage races,
but if you are contemplating running an ?enduro? length race it could very well
be an issue.

With all the light and efficient options now available for alternators out
there I just don?t see any downside at all in running one.

Terry Stetler

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:55 AM

For sure it does!
I see it on laptimes if the charger fades during a race and I also had a
dyno test on this issue.
Especially on top end revs the lower voltage kicking down the power of the
coil.

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----