fot

[Healeys] BT7 --> BJ8?

Subject: [Healeys] BT7 --> BJ8?
From: vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com (Jean Caron)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 15:32:31 +0000
Steve,

Looking at the photos, it appears that the chassis is indeed from a BJ7 or BJ8,
at least the "B" posts have the holes for the door latch from a BJ8.  However
the door hinges are from an earlier model for sure as the later cars had the
square plates against the "A" posts from what I recall. The front shroud of a
BJ8 is quite different at the windshield so the front shroud of a BT7 would not
work for a BJ7/BJ8 from what I know. I think as you indicated they simply used
a BT7 Serial number. It certainly appears that they are trying to get rid of
some of their parts accumulated over the years and they had enough for one car.
Dealers such as that place could not care less as long as there is money for
them in the end.

Jean