fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Quartermaster Clutches

To: rek46 <rek46@aol.com>, rek46 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Quartermaster Clutches
From: Ron KRANTZ via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_123832_307194353.1555624662350

springs in cover plate are shot. the pressure plate flatens out with good
s-pring tension. Make sure the spring fingers are compressing slightly when
tightening the cover plate.
ron krantz

> On April 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM rek46 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
>

>     Have you tried calling them?...they were always very helpful to
> me,,sales,or ask for a tech guy...btw,what TOB are you using
>

>     Begin forwarded message:
>
>         > >         From: < marty via Fot mailto:fot@autox.team.net >
> >         Date: Apr 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM
> >         To: < marty via Fot mailto:fot@autox.team.net >
> >         Subject: [Fot] Quartermaster Clutches
> >
> >         Looking for some clutch help. I recently disassembled a
> > quartermaster Pro 7.25 single disc clutch, not from my car. I have no
> > experience with this style of clutch. Upon disassembly I observe that the
> > flywheel insert, clutch disc and pressure plate only have had contact on
> > the outer 3/8 " diameter.  Upon further investigation the flywheel insert
> > surface is flat. The clutch surface thickness is uniform but if I lay a
> > straight edge across the face of the Quartermaster pressure plate  it cups
> > outward. My initial thought was "bingo" this would cause the wear pattern I
> > am observing. Must be something out of whack with the pressure plate
> > insert.  I contacted quartermaster and described what I saw and they were
> > not much help other than "something must be warped". I was getting ready to
> > order a replacement pressure plate insert but I stopped over to Jason's
> > shop and saw that he was working on a car that also ran a quartermaster Pro
> > 7.25 clutch but this was a double disc. I took it apart and all components
> > had even wear across the faces as one would expect.  I layed a straight
> > edge across the pressure plate out of this assembly expecting to see a flat
> > contact surface and was surprised to see the same cupped condition where
> > the outer pressure plate surface would contact the clutch disc first as the
> > one at home. Now I am at a loss as to what would cause this improper wear
> > pattern. Any experience with this?
> >
> >         Marty

> >     >     _______________________________________________
>     fot@autox.team.net
>
>     http://www.fot-racing.com
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rkrantz77@comcast.net

------=_Part_123832_307194353.1555624662350

<!DOCTYPE html>
-bottom: 0;}
latens out with good s-pring tension.  Make sure the spring fingers are com=
  On April 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM rek46 via Fot &#60;fot@autox.team.net&#62; =
sales,or ask for a tech guy...btw,what TOB are you using
     <b>From: </b>&#60;
     <b>Date: </b>Apr 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM
     <b>To: </b>&#60;
     <b>Subject: [Fot] Quartermaster Clutches</b>
    =20
    =20
rif; font-size: 12pt;">=20
aster Pro 7.25 single disc clutch, not from my car. I have no experience wi=
th this style of clutch. Upon disassembly I observe that the flywheel inser=
t, clutch disc and pressure plate only have had contact on the outer 3/8 &#=
34; diameter.&#160; Upon further investigation the flywheel insert surface =
is flat. The clutch surface thickness is uniform but if I lay a straight ed=
ge across the face of the Quartermaster pressure plate&#160; it cups outwar=
d. My initial thought was &#34;bingo&#34; this would cause the wear pattern=
 I am observing. Must be something out of whack with the pressure plate ins=
ert.&#160; I contacted quartermaster and described what I saw and they were=
 not much help other than &#34;something must be warped&#34;. I was getting=
 ready to order a replacement pressure plate insert but I stopped over to J=
ason&#39;s shop and saw that he was working on a car that also ran a quarte=
rmaster Pro 7.25 clutch but this was a double disc. I took it apart and all=
 components had even wear across the faces as one would expect.&#160; I lay=
ed a straight edge across the pressure plate out of this assembly expecting=
 to see a flat contact surface and was surprised to see the same cupped con=
dition where the outer pressure plate surface would contact the clutch disc=
 first as the one at home. Now I am at a loss as to what would cause this i=
mproper wear pattern. Any experience with this?</span>
rif; font-size: 12pt;">=20
rif; font-size: 12pt;">=20
    <pre>_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net