fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup 2019

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2019
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 21:57:42 -0600
Fun weekend.  I did a lot of driving, got to see Death Valley for the
first time, I drove through some pretty desolate country during the
course of the trip.  Enterprise gave me a nice discount since they
messed up on the Sirius XM radio request.

I was bummed I forgot the chairs I meant to bring, with my hip the way
it is I can't stand or walk too long, need to rest often. Also bummed I
didn't tape up that poster I brought.  It was from the 2002 Mid Ohio
Triumph event, a reminder of the location of next year's Cup event.  I
set it on a table when I got there, got sidetracked and it disappeared.
Oh well, hope whoever took it left behind a donation to the cause.

Got to see some great people, some great cars.  Kind of surprised how
few pictures there are on my phone of the event.  DId get a short video
of the beginning of the first lap of the race, with John Mueller in the
TR8 leading the way.  Brian Howlett's 4A is way faster than a 4 banger
should be, like Barker's Herald.

The weekend got me inspired, I HAVE to get a running Triumph in my life
this summer.  A bigger goal. of course, would be getting the Killer Spit
back on track and entered in an upcoming Kastner Cup event.

We shall see.

mjb.