fot

Re: [Fot] A Great FOT Weekend

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] A Great FOT Weekend
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 15:15:15 -0600
On 5/8/19 2:10 PM, Brad Eells via Fot wrote:
> Hello Amici,
>
> I just wanted to express what a great time we had with all of you at
> Kastner Cup. While my racing weekend was cut short by a number of self
> inflicted ills, the company and surrounding events were fantastic
> starting at Jerry and Jan Barker's home on Wednesday.
>
> Mordy Dunst is an amazing chef and host among all of his other skills.
> He managed to win the Union Jack Challenge race on Sunday going away
> as well.
>
> Many have supported my quest to get the former Doug Brown Spitfire
> back on the track after it's 43 year nap. I thank all of you for that.
>
> Kas among all his other duties and commitments took the time to teach
> me spark plugs, carb float levels and mixture settings. I saw my first
> fouled plug on Friday!
>
> We learned lots and will learn more as we now have a bit of breathing
> space to the next event.
>
> Thanks again Amici! What a great event...Mid Ohio 2020 anyone??

Yes, a great weekend, wish I had remembered the BBQ was Wednesday, not
Thursday.  I am planning on Mid Ohio next year. May fly into
Indianapolis to visit an old friend, drive to the track from there.
Think it will be the first time I make 2 in a row, if it happens.

On a side note, one comment I got several times during the weekend was
how much people appreciated the new and much improved response time for
list emails.  You can actually carry on a conversation now, without
waiting hours for a response.

mjb.