fot

Re: [Fot] Nomination of John Davies, UK Vitesse Racer

To: Joe Guinan <joeg@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nomination of John Davies, UK Vitesse Racer
From: Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 04:24:44 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000077b947058989d006

I'll third him, John has been a great help on the Triumph forum and he has
the coolest avatar.

Mike h

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, Joe Guinan via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

> John Davies and I have become acquainted in conversations on The Triumph
> Experience web site. I'd like to nominate John to membership in the FOT. He
> can be found in the Lancaster area of the UK behind the wheel of his
> Vitesse
> racer, "Old Blue". (Picture attached of Old Blue and it's predecessors)
> John's email is john.r.davies@btinternet.com
>
> May I have a second?
>
> Joe Guinan
> Fremont, Nebraska
>
> This note is from John...
> I race a Vitesse in the UK.    It's my third, the previous two having gone
> to the Great Garage in the Sky.   Pic enclosed, of Old Blue, Silverback and
> SofS  (Son of Silverback - it has many of its fathers parts and its
> grandfathers hat).    This is AFAIK the last racing Vitesse in the UK.
> I'm a 72 yo retired doctor, who worked as a rally medic for many years.
> Since I retired and gave up medicine, I went back to school and have just
> completed a BSc degree course in Motorsport engineering.    Currently
> building a race 2.5 engine to replace the 2l currently in SofS, to take
> best
> advantage of its Lucas Pi, and other mods.  And looking for a job at
> Ferrari.
>

> ---

--00000000000077b947058989d006

I&#39;ll third him, John has been a great help on the Triumph forum and he =
esday, May 22, 2019, Joe Guinan via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.tea=
m.net">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">=
John Davies and I have become acquainted in conversations on The Triumph<br=

Experience web site. I&#39;d like to nominate John to membership in the FOT=
. He<br>
can be found in the Lancaster area of the UK behind the wheel of his Vitess=
e<br>
racer, &quot;Old Blue&quot;. (Picture attached of Old Blue and it&#39;s pre=
decessors)<br>
John&#39;s email is <a href=3D"mailto:john.r.davies@btinternet.com";>john.r.=
davies@btinternet.com</a><br>
May I have a second?<br>
Joe Guinan<br>
Fremont, Nebraska<br>
This note is from John...<br>
I race a Vitesse in the UK.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 It&#39;s my third, the previous tw=
o having gone<br>
to the Great Garage in the Sky.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Pic enclosed, of Old Blue, Silv=
erback and<br>
SofS=C2=A0 (Son of Silverback - it has many of its fathers parts and its<br=

grandfathers hat).=C2=A0 =C2=A0 This is AFAIK the last racing Vitesse in th=
e UK.<br>
I&#39;m a 72 yo retired doctor, who worked as a rally medic for many years.=
Since I retired and gave up medicine, I went back to school and have just<b=
r>
completed a BSc degree course in Motorsport engineering.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Curre=
ntly<br>
building a race 2.5 engine to replace the 2l currently in SofS, to take bes=
t<br>
advantage of its Lucas Pi, and other mods.=C2=A0 And looking for a job at<b=
r>
Ferrari.<br>
---<br>

--00000000000077b947058989d006--