fot

[Fot] A proud member of ???

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] A proud member of ???
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 18:54:49 -0600
SO in furtherance of getting Killer back on track, I should probably
join up with some vintage racing group.  RMVR in Colorado seems like my
best bet, based on proximity.  Was a member many years ago, back in the
day of the street races in Avon and Steamboat.  Would VARA be worth my
trouble?  Any others?

There used to a group here in Utah, Intermountain Vintage Racing.  It
was a rather hodge podge of a few random folks, did some hill climbs and
ran "road" races out at the old Wendover airport.  The "track" was
basically a mile long autocross, cone lined run around the worst of the
broken concrete and potholes of the old airfield.  The fellow who ran it
back then got tired of the amount of energy, time and money it was
costing him to keep it alive, and kind of burned out on racing and
sports cars altogether.  At least there's a real race track in the area
now, but as far as I know no one else has stepped up to revive or
replace IVR in Utah.  Too bad.

mjb.