fot

Re: [Fot] 3qt accusump print sizes

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net> definitions=2019-07-01_14:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1812120000 definitions=main-1907020002
Subject: Re: [Fot] 3qt accusump print sizes
From: Greg Blake via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 19:34:13 -0500
I called both Pegasus and Canton today, no joy. Here is what I found online in
another forum on the topic. This was allegedly posted by a Canton employee.

We stopped selling the O-Ring kits and instead offer a rebuild service now.
When we were selling the O-Ring kit we frequently had to deal with customers
that ruined their Accusumps and then wanted us to warranty the parts. If you
are going to take the Accusump apart be VERY aware of how much pressure you are
putting on the tube. The most common issue we saw was the Accusump tube being
clamped down on and the tube would then be out of round and no longer get a
proper seal.

This jives with what Canton told me on the phone today. Iâ??ve been pulling my
accusump apart on average once a year for 10 years now as a part of a oil
system cleaning inspection process, never had a problem. I guess I am not to be
trusted, good to know.

Anyways, Iâ??ll just take the failing oâ??rings to the local hydraulic shop and
get some replacements. If I remember to do it, Iâ??ll post sizes once I find
them.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone