fot

Re: [Fot] Another brake pad

To: Dave Hogye via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Another brake pad
From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 16:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

------=_Part_456627_186953452.1564096244417

Obviously we don't have many choices for our brakes for racing.  We need these
companies to build us quality parts.  As if brakes might have an important job
to do in as safe a way as possible.  These things are not inexpensive, but they
are built kinda cheap.   I went through quite a time consuming process trying
to understand and determine what was going on with front brake issues and felt
sharing what I found could help others.  Porterfield was willing to address the
problem, but why was there a problem in the first place?  They sell these pads
to a lot of racers.  Does this R4 pad always hang over the edge of the rotor?
One would think and hope that they are all made to the same specs for our
Triumphs and whatever other car they might fit.  Carbotech was more difficult
to deal with and less willing to accept the fact that there was any problem at
all.  I went back and forth with phone calls and sending them photos of what I
was finding.  It was really a total pain in the behind.  Hawk pads have been of
excellent quality and exactly the same part every time and they have the closes
tolerances between the backing plate and caliper slot.   But, they seem to be
harder on the rotors and don't have as much of a progressive feel.

DH

> On July 25, 2019 at 3:09 PM Dave Hogye via Fot <fot@autox.team.net
> mailto:fot@autox.team.net > wrote:
>

>     Here is the R4 Porterfield pad hanging well over the edge of the rotor.
> Nice.
>     DH
>

>     Sent from my iPhone_______________________________________________
>     fot@autox.team.net mailto:fot@autox.team.net
>
>     http://www.fot-racing.com
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/dlhogye@comcast.net

------=_Part_456627_186953452.1564096244417

<!DOCTYPE html>
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sa=
ns-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Obviously we don&#39;t have many choices=
 for our brakes for racing.&#160; We need these companies to build us quali=
ty parts.&#160; As if brakes might have an important job to do in as safe a=
 way as possible.&#160; These things are not inexpensive, but they are buil=
t kinda cheap.&#160; &#160;I went through quite a time consuming process tr=
ying to understand and determine what was going on with front brake issues =
and felt sharing what I found could help others.&#160; Porterfield was will=
ing to address the problem, but why was there a problem in the first place?=
&#160; They sell these pads to a lot of racers.&#160; Does this R4 pad alwa=
ys hang over the edge of the rotor?&#160; One would think and hope that the=
y are all made to the same specs for our Triumphs and whatever other car th=
ey might fit.&#160; Carbotech was more difficult to deal with and less will=
ing to accept the fact that there was any problem at all.&#160; I went back=
 and forth with phone calls and sending them photos of what I was finding.&=
#160; It was really a total pain in the behind.&#160; Hawk pads have been o=
f excellent quality and exactly the same part every time and they have the =
closes tolerances between the backing plate and caliper slot.&#160; &#160;B=
ut, they seem to be harder on the rotors and don&#39;t have as much of a pr=
ogressive feel.&#160;&#160;</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: he=
lvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">DH</p><blockquote type=
=3D"cite">On July 25, 2019 at 3:09 PM Dave Hogye via Fot &#60;<a href=3D"ma=
 is the R4 Porterfield pad hanging well over the edge of the rotor. Nice.<b=
____________<br><a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a=
eam.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noopener" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net=
/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=
=3D"noopener" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=