fot

[Fot] Looking for starter part

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Looking for starter part
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:11:52 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_312898_630437133.1564499512497

I'm sure many of you are like me, in that over a 50 year obsession with Tri=
umphs, I have accumulated a lot of bits and pieces.=C2=A0 When I was racing=
, I was given a couple of old TR-3's and bought a few more for $50 each (or=
 less).=C2=A0 I parted out 6 or 7 cars, and kept anything that looked like =
it might be useful some day.=C2=A0 With that in mind, I'm hoping someone mi=
ght have the piece I am looking for, or know someone who does.
When I completed the restoration on my TR-2 twenty-seven years ago, I tried=
 to keep it very original.=C2=A0 I used the original (long) starter, which =
was used on all TR-2's and 3's up to chassis number 50,000.=C2=A0 This star=
ter has always worked well for me.=C2=A0 As I was cleaning out and organizi=
ng some of my old parts, I came across one of these early starters, and dec=
ided to get it rebuilt so my daughter, who now has the TR-2, would have a s=
pare on the shelf if she ever needs it.=C2=A0 The local electric shop took =
it apart and checked all of the components, and everything checked out all =
right, except for an item called the pinion, which of course is no longer a=
vailable.=C2=A0 The pinion rides on the shaft coming our of the main starte=
r body and includes the gear which engages the flywheel.=C2=A0 The Moss par=
t number is 549-600, and the Triumph factory part number is 501030.
If anyone has this part, in a box of old starter parts, that they would be =
willing to sell, please let me know.=C2=A0 I figured they made at least 50,=
000 of these things (plus any for service), so there should still be a few =
laying around somewhere.=C2=A0 I'm hoping one of you can help me find one.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jack Wheeler910-687-0211

------=_Part_312898_630437133.1564499512497

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I'm sure many of you are like me, in that ov=
er a 50 year obsession with Triumphs, I have accumulated a lot of bits and =
pieces.&nbsp; When I was racing, I was given a couple of old TR-3's and bou=
ght a few more for $50 each (or less).&nbsp; I parted out 6 or 7 cars, and =
kept anything that looked like it might be useful some day.&nbsp; With that=
 in mind, I'm hoping someone might have the piece I am looking for, or know=
iv dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">When I completed the restoration on my=
 TR-2 twenty-seven years ago, I tried to keep it very original.&nbsp; I use=
d the original (long) starter, which was used on all TR-2's and 3's up to c=
hassis number 50,000.&nbsp; This starter has always worked well for me.&nbs=
p; As I was cleaning out and organizing some of my old parts, I came across=
 one of these early starters, and decided to get it rebuilt so my daughter,=
 who now has the TR-2, would have a spare on the shelf if she ever needs it=
.&nbsp; The local electric shop took it apart and checked all of the compon=
ents, and everything checked out all right, except for an item called the p=
inion, which of course is no longer available.&nbsp; The pinion rides on th=
e shaft coming our of the main starter body and includes the gear which eng=
ages the flywheel.&nbsp; The Moss part number is 549-600, and the Triumph f=
actory part number is 501030.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><=
br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">If anyone has this part, in=
 a box of old starter parts, that they would be willing to sell, please let=
 me know.&nbsp; I figured they made at least 50,000 of these things (plus a=
ny for service), so there should still be a few laying around somewhere.&nb=
sp; I'm hoping one of you can help me find one.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-=
iv><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Jack Wheeler</div><div dir=3D"ltr=
------=_Part_312898_630437133.1564499512497--

--===============9087913264702611002==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com