fot

[Fot] Watkins Glen

To: "fot@autox. team. net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen
From: Christian Marx via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 07:51:38 -0400

--000000000000ce42ce05921d691f

I've got an invitation from Peter Bulkowsk to race his blue #88 TR8 at
Watkins Glen.

We were sorted to Group 10 with very fast cars.
Peter wanted me to test the car and to hang out with the racing crowd and
crew who was Silvain, a friend of Peter. I brought Harry Staude with me. He
has some knowledge about race tactics.

There was an incident on the track with Lauren Fix in her TransAm Jag and
myself. We tangled and spun. The officials took no further action as both
drivers had no chance to avoid the collision. She couldn't see me and me
couldn't expect her turning into me.

But as Gentleman I excused with flowers the next morning.

We had a good chance to win the All Triumph race at Watkins Glen starting
from pole and doing good laptimes over the weekend but it didn't turn out
that way.  After sorting behind the Huffaker car at corner one and follow
him closely at the end of the lap the left stub axle broke and blocked the
wheel. That parked the car on the middle of the finish straight. I could
manage to move the car to the next corner worker area to park it there not
interfering the ongoing race too much and became a spectator watching the
great performance of John Mueller in the Huffaker TR8.

It was a great weekend and it was a joy to meet all you girls and guys and
to hang out with you.

Next time I come over I bring two of these Harry's.

Cheers
Chris

--000000000000ce42ce05921d691f

ulkowsk to race his blue #88 TR8 at Watkins Glen.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"au=
ars.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">Peter wanted me to test the car and to ha=
ng out with the racing crowd and crew who was Silvain, a friend of Peter. I=
 brought Harry Staude with me. He has some knowledge about race tactics.=C2=
t on the track with Lauren Fix in her TransAm Jag and myself. We tangled an=
d spun. The officials took no further action as both drivers had no chance =
to avoid the collision. She couldn&#39;t see me and me couldn&#39;t expect =
o">But as Gentleman I excused with flowers the next morning.=C2=A0</div><di=
o win the All Triumph race at Watkins Glen starting from pole and doing goo=
d laptimes over the weekend but it didn&#39;t turn out that way.=C2=A0 Afte=
r sorting behind the Huffaker car at corner one and follow him closely at t=
he end of the lap the left stub axle broke and blocked the wheel. That park=
ed the car on the middle of the finish straight. I could manage to move the=
 car to the next corner worker area to park it there not interfering the on=
going race too much and became a spectator watching the great performance o=
o meet all you girls and guys and to hang out with you.=C2=A0</div><div dir=

--000000000000ce42ce05921d691f--

--===============8383313957694602549==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com