fot

Re: [Fot] Battery ?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery ?
From: Greg Hilyer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:07:42 -0600
Hello all,
Iâ??ve got to wonder if Iâ??m the Optima record holder here? Got 19 years out
of one! It was dated 1998 and I grudgingly it go in 2017 with a old Chrysler
300 hotrod I was selling.
The day I was to deliver the Chrysler, itâ??s 6 year old Interstate gave up and
I put in the Optima - and it happily cranked the high compression 440. The only
â??failureâ?? I had with it was the K-Cup in Topeka. I had it mounted
horizontally in the trunk of the TR and the positive terminal rattled off and
cost me the race. That was the day Kas taught me to pin the terminals to the
posts with sheet metal screws.
Heavy but rock solid reliable. Your mileage may vary...
Greg â??Lunkerâ?? Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM