fot

Re: [Fot] 2020 KASTNER CUP FIRST CALL / info needed!

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, trmarty@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] 2020 KASTNER CUP FIRST CALL / info needed!
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:08:50 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_7175833_2030254860.1569514130866

Far be it from me to make corrections on fine details.=C2=A0 I can't rememb=
er if I had breakfast until I look in the mirror. =C2=A0
But I believe 1992 is correct.=C2=A0 And, of course, I remember the fine vi=
ntage racing in general, your own great performance in particular.=C2=A0 Ka=
s was not there that year.=C2=A0 He was up at Lime Rock killing Porsches.=
=C2=A0 Bob Tullius was there, and he brought all of the Group 44 equipment,=
 at least one of which, actually showed off out on the track (starting at t=
he back, and quickly moving its way up to the front). =C2=A0
But the thing I remember most about that event was the number of street Tri=
umphs that showed up.=C2=A0 Those that did were allowed a Track Tour out on=
 the track, and they seemed to be nose to tail all the way around the circu=
it.=C2=A0 Who can forget Peter Egan's description of the event in the next =
issue of Road and Track, which started out something like, "I guess I knew =
that there were that many Triumphs, but who would have thought that they wo=
uld all show up...". =C2=A0
Another fact that bares mentioning is how Mid-Ohio stepped up to the plate,=
 as they were shocked at how many folks showed up for the event.=C2=A0 At t=
he Saturday night Track Banquet they ended up feeding a lot more people tha=
n they could have planned for.=C2=A0 But they pulled it off.=C2=A0 I rememb=
er the line waiting to get to the food.=C2=A0 It seemed to be a mile long, =
from the tent down near the false grid, all the way back up to the grassy p=
addock area.=C2=A0 And who do you think was at the end of the line?=C2=A0 B=
ob Tullius!=C2=A0 I asked him, "Bob!=C2=A0 You're a VIP.=C2=A0 You belong a=
t the head of the line."=C2=A0 He looked at me and said something like, "No=
pe!=C2=A0 I'm happy here.=C2=A0 I do not want to miss of second of this."
It was a very special event.
Bill Dentinger